Drinking Water Protection
The City will be doing a variety of education and outreach activities about wellhead protection. Through these efforts, we plan to educate the public on where our drinking water comes from and promote practices that protect the groundwater aquifer used by the city wells from potential contaminants.
WATCH THIS VIDEO ON SEALING UNUSED WELLS
The City of Little Falls is offering cost sharing incentives of 50% to seal unused unsealed wells within the city's Inner Wellhead management Zone (IWMZ).
Contact the Little Falls Water Department for information on wellhead protection activities.
- Minnesota Department of Health (MDH)
- Morrison County Soil and Water Conservation District (MCSWCD)
- Minnesota Rural Water Association (MRWA)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Where Does Your Drinking Water Come From?
- The Water Cycle
- Backyard Practices Can Contaminate Your Drinking Water
- Landscaping Around Wells
- Would You Drink This Water
- Unused, Unsealed Wells May Contaminate Your Drinking Water
Little Falls Water Plant
101 7th Avenue NE
PO Box 244
Little Falls, MN 56345
Phone: (320) 616-5530
Fax: (320) 616-5505