AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, BUREAUS, COMMISSION AND COMMITTEES
If you are interested in becoming a member of any of the boards, please contact City Hall at (320) 616-5500. The Mayor makes appointments to the various committees with the City Council's approval.
- Airport Commission: The Airport Commission provides oversight of improvements and management of the Little Falls/Morrison County Airport. The Airport Commission is made up of three members appointed by the City Council and three members appointed by the Morrison County Commissioners, serving three year staggered terms.
City Representatives: Jerry Knafla, Joe Torbert and Greg Zylka
County Representatives: John Britz, S. Don Rudolph and Mike Wilson
- Economic Development Authority: The Economic Development Authority’s primary purpose is to promote and finance the growth of commercial and industrial development. The Authority is comprised of five members, two of which are members of the City Council, serving six year staggered terms.
Members: Bob Reinitz, Mark Gerbi, James Kleinschmidt, Brad Hircock, and Greg Zylka
- Energy and Environmental Committee: The Energy and Environmental Committee's primary purpose is policy and educational programs and procedures to conserve energy consumption and enhance and improve the environment. The Commission is comprised of seven members serving three year staggered terms.
Members: Jeremy Janski, Robert Johnson, Doug Dahlberg, Brad Hircock, and Jeremy Hanfler
- Heritage Preservation Commission: The Heritage Preservation Commission primary purpose is work on the the preservation and protection of buildings and lands having a special historical, cultural or aesthetic interest or value within the City of Little Falls. The Commission is comprised of seven voting members serving three year staggered terms, and one additional member from the Morrison County Historical Society.
Members: Don Opatz, Linda LeMieur, Linda Burggraff, Gary Block, Maxine Strege, Camille Warzecha, and Wayne
Liljegren; with ex-officio members Deb Boelz and Kristina Vonberge
- Housing and Redevelopment Authority: The Housing and Redevelopment Authority's primary duties include addressing the housing needs of low income and disabled residents of the City; redevelop plighted areas; and promote industrial and business development in the City. The Housing and Redevelopment Authority also oversees the operation of Pine Grove Manor. The Authority is comprised of five members serving five year staggered terms.
Members: Keith Silbernick, Brad Jensen, Debi Bobick, John Kimman, and Frank Gosiak
- Library Board: The Library Board provides advisory guidance to the City Council and the Great River Regional Library for care of the Carnegie Library grounds and buildings along with long range capital improvements for the library. The Board is comprised of five members serving three year staggered terms.
Members: Ramona Steinke, Linda Burggraff, Charlie Peterka, Frank Gosiak, Jerry Knafla
- Park, Recreation and Tree Board: The Park, Recreation and Tree Board provides advisory guidance on the parks and recreational facilities within the City, along with planning for long range capital improvement park projects. The Board is comprised of five members serving three year staggered terms.
Members: Jeff Tschida, Jon Vetter, David Meyer, Raquel Lundberg, and Frank Gosiak
- Planning Commission: The Planning Commission advises the City Council on planning and zoning issues in the City. This Commission is also responsible for the development of the comprehensive plan and collaborates with City Council on implementation of the plan for future development and land use. They also provide guidance on long range capital improvements for the community. The Commission is comprised of seven members serving three year staggered terms.
Members: James Kleinschmidt, Kara Schilling, Ray Schulte, Robert Esse, Joe Czech, Frank Gosiak, and Jeremy Hanfler