UTILITY BILLING (WATER, SEWER, GARBAGE AND RECYCLING)
The Utility Billing division is responsible for:
- Administers new and final utility accounts.
- Retrieving, calculating and distributing monthly utility bills.
- Collection of monthly utility bills including delinquencies.
- Process of payments of monthly utility bills, including setting up automatic payments.
- Provide timely and accurate information regarding utility customer inquires.
- Coordinates water turn on/off with outside contractors.
Kathy White, Utility Billing Clerk, calculates and invoices approximately 3,200 bills each month to its customers. These utility bills are sent out on or about the 20th of each month and are due and payable on the 5th of each month. Uitility bills paid after the 5th will be assessed a 10% late fee of the current bill.
Your City utility bill includes: water, sewer, garbage, recycling and storm water, and State drinking water fee.
The City of Little Falls offers several ways to pay your utility bill:
- ACH services, whereby the resident signs up allowing the City to withdraw the payment of the utility bill from either their saving or checking account. To print form ACH SIGN UP FORM.
- In person at City Hall, 100 NE 7th Avenue with cash, check or credit/debit card.
- Payment drop boxes. The City has drop boxes located: 1) City Hall parking lot; 2) near the front entrance of Coborn's Superstore; 3) at the corner of Broadway [Trunk Highway 27] and Second Street Southeast on the Morrison County Government Center lawn; and 4) near the front entrance of Casey's General Store, located at 500 West Broadway.
- Telephone with credit/debit card. The City is now able to take credit/debit cards over the telephone. There will be a 2.25% service charge for this payment option. This charge is what the City is billed by the company per credit/debit charge transaction.
The City will be offering online bill pay in the near future. Please check back or watch your utility bill for message on when this is available.
Garbage and Recycling:
The City of Little Falls provides garbage and recycling services to 1 and 2 unit residential properties.
- Garbage: Residents who live north of Truck Highway 27 use the City's green garbage bags. Residents who live south of Trunk Highway 27 use the City's blue garbage bags. These 30 gallon bags are sold in packs of 10 and are availabe at City Hall, Coborn's Superstore, Ace Hardware, Hardware Hank, Super America, and Belle Prairie Junction [green only]. Residents may put out as many bags as they wish each week as long as they are tied closed and don't weigh more than 30 pounds each. Garbage must have their garbage out at the designated location by 6:00 a.m. on their scheduled day. Garbage Map 2017
- Recycling: Recycling is collected every other Thursday based on the property address. Residents must use a City recycling bin and have their items sorted as listed here. Recycling bins must be placed at the designated location by 6:00 a.m. on the scheduled pick up day. Recycling Calendar.
City of Little Falls
P O Box 244
Little Falls MN 56345-0244
Telephone (320) 616-5500
Fax (320) 616-5505