The Engineering division, under the leadership of the Public Works Director/City Engineer, provides support service to guide the design, management, maintenance and construction of the City's infrastructure. They provide engineering design, construction supervision and project management for the various street, sidewalk, watermain, sanitary sewer and storm sewer infrastructure improvement projects that the City undertakes each year. The Engineering division is also responsible for the development and enforcement of the City's Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan [SWPPP].
Specific services delivered by the Engineering staff includes:
- Administration of infrastructure improvement projects, [i.e. streets, sanitary sewer, watermain, and storm sewer improvements];
- Project designs using Civil 3D software;
- Project engineering using ArcMap software;
- Project planning, staking, management and construction inspections;
- Property assessment administration;
- Private development reviews, storm water utility management, environmental/regulator activities;
- Field surveys;
- Record drawings, including City, utility and zoning maps;
- Right-of-way management and permitting;
- Storm water management, including construction site erosion and sediment control inspections, and Land Disturbance permits;
- Street signage and pavement markings;
- Utility system review;
- Maintenance of the City's water distribution system, including automated meter reading systems, and water shutoffs and turn ons;
- Gopher State One Call utility locating.
Engineering staff also continues to develop relationships with other City departments, Morrison County, the Minnesota Department of Transportation, local and state legislators; and others to encourage partnerships for future projects.
Greg Kimman and
Greg Kimman, PE, Public Works Director/Engineer
100 Northeast Seventh Avenue
P O Box 244
Little Falls MN 56345-0244
Phone: (320) 616-5500
Fax: (320) 616-5505